Baptism is the first sacrament of initiation into our Catholic faith and the foundation of Christian life. In the Sacrament of Baptism we are reborn of the water and of the Holy Spirit, and we are invited to share in the mission of Jesus Christ here on Earth.
Infant Baptism corresponds to any child up to and including seven years of age.
For your child to be baptized at St. Isaac Jogues, all of the following requirements must be completed prior to the celebration of the Sacrament of Baptism. Parents are required to attend an interview with the Baptism Coordinator and obtain the necessary information as you plan the Baptism of your child in St Isaac Jogues. To baptize a child from another parish requires written permission of the parish where the parents are registered. Arrangementsmust be made at least a month in advance with the coordinator.
For furtherinformation please contact between Monday – Thursday 9-3pm
Baptisms Dpt at 407-249-0906 Ext. 121
**** Email: firstname.lastname@example.org****
St Isaac Jogues offers Baptisms in English and Spanish every week.
Baptism ceremonies are held on Saturdays at 9:30am.
Requirements for Infant Baptism
For your child to be baptized at St. Isaac Jogues, all of the following requirements must be completed prior to the celebration of the Sacrament of Baptism.
- Parents are required to attend an interview with the Baptism Coordinator to obtain the necessary information as you plan the Baptism of your child.
- Parents or legal guardians are given the opportunity to register and become active members of the parish.
- To baptize a child from another parish requires written permission from the parish where the parents are registered. This require priest signature and seal.
- Parents and Godparents are required to attend a Baptismal Preparation Class. If unable to attend the class at St. Isaac’s, you may attend a class offered by another parish. A letter/certificate confirming attendance must be submitted to St. Isaac Jogues.
- Bring Birth your child certificate to your appointment with the coordinator.
- You must be at least 16 years of age. You must have celebrated your Baptism, Confirmation, and First Communion.
- The minimum of one sponsor is required. When there are two, one must be selected from each gender. No more than two sponsors are allowed.
- You must be a practicing Catholic. This includes participation in the Mass every Sunday.
- You must be a Catholic who is in good standing with the Church. For example, if you are married you must be married in the Catholic Church.
- You will be required to participate in a Baptismal Preparation Class.
- If you are not a registered member of St. Isaac Jogues you will need to supply a form or letter from the parish in which you are registered that contains the pastor’s signature and the parish seal.
BAPTISM CLASS PREPARATION / PARENTS AND GODPARENTS.
Baptism is the first sacrament celebrated in the process of becoming a full member in the Catholic Church. The waters of baptism symbolize life and death, washing and cleansing, and the mystery of new life out of death. At the baptism of a child (or any person), we celebrate and reflect on God’s unconditional love and welcome him or her into our faith.
All parents and godparents must attend baptism preparation classes prior the baptism. Before selecting Godparents, please carefully review the Godparent Information Form.
We offer Baptism Preparation Class in modular B. You don’t need previously register for the class, only get the day on time of the class schedule. Please No Kids in Class.
From the Catechism (found on Vatican.va)
- The Sacraments of Initiation (1212)
- The Sacrament of Baptism (1213-1284)
- The Sacraments at the Service of Communion (1533-1535)
From the Code of Canon Law (found on Vatican.va)
- Baptism (849)
- The Celebration of Baptism (850-860)
- The Minister of Baptism (861-863)
- Those to be Baptized (864-871)
- Sponsors (872-874)
- The Proof and Registration of the Conferral of Baptism (875-878)
How You Can Help
We are always looking for volunteers to help our parish bring new members into the Catholic faith. Please contact our parish office for more information.