Baptism is the first sacrament of initiation into our Catholic faith and the foundation of Christian life. In the Sacrament of Baptism we are reborn of the water and of the Holy Spirit, and we are invited to share in the mission of Jesus Christ here on Earth.
Infant Baptism corresponds to any child up to and including seven years of age.
For your child to be baptized at St. Isaac Jogues, all of the following requirements must be completed prior to the celebration of the Sacrament of Baptism. Parents are required to attend an interview with the Baptism Coordinator and obtain the necessary information as you plan the Baptism of your child in St Isaac Jogues. To baptize a child from another parish requires written permission of the parish where the parents are registered. Arrangementsmust be made at least a month in advance with the coordinator.
To begin the baptism process or further information please call at office between Monday – Thursday 9-1:00 pm
Baptisms Dpt at 407-249-0906 Ext. 121
**** Email: firstname.lastname@example.org****
St Isaac Jogues offers Baptisms in English and Spanish every week.
Baptism ceremonies are held on Saturdays at 9:30am.
Requirements for Infant Baptism
For your child to be baptized at St. Isaac Jogues, all of the following requirements must be completed prior to the celebration of the Sacrament of Baptism.
- Parents are required to attend an interview with the Baptism Coordinator to obtain the necessary information as you plan the Baptism of your child.
- Parents or legal guardians are given the opportunity to register and become active members of the parish.
- To baptize a child from another parish requires written permission from the parish where the parents are registered. This require priest signature and seal.
- Parents and Godparents are required to attend a Baptismal Preparation Class. If unable to attend the class at St. Isaac’s, you may attend a class offered by another parish. A letter/certificate confirming attendance must be submitted to St. Isaac Jogues.
- Bring Birth your child certificate to your appointment with the coordinator.
- You must be at least 16 years of age. You must have celebrated your Baptism, Confirmation, and First Communion.
- The minimum of one sponsor is required. When there are two, one must be selected from each gender. No more than two sponsors are allowed.
- You must be a practicing Catholic. This includes participation in the Mass every Sunday.
- You must be a Catholic who is in good standing with the Church. For example, if you are married you must be married in the Catholic Church.
- You will be required to participate in a Baptismal Preparation Class.
- If you are not a registered member of St. Isaac Jogues you will need to supply a form or letter from the parish in which you are registered that contains the pastor’s signature and the parish seal.
BAPTISM CLASS PREPARATION / PARENTS AND GODPARENTS.
Baptismal prep is necessary because the parents are requesting a sacrament for another person, so hold the responsibility that comes with the sacrament on the child’s behalf. Parents and godparents’ need to know about their faith and what their faith practices are. (Not just attending Mass, but conforming to the teachings of the Church in all areas.) Our Canon Law 868.1 n.2 notes that for a child to be baptized there must be a realistic hope that he will be brought up in the Catholic religion and have completed the necessary requirements. The baptismal class helps understand the commitment and responsibility of parents and godparents in the growth of the child’s faith. Also, that we acquire more knowledge on the topic.
All parents and godparents must attend baptism preparation classes prior the baptism. Before selecting Godparents, please carefully review the Godparent Information Form.
We offer Baptism Preparation Class in modular B. You don’t need previously register for the class, only get the day on time of the class schedule. Please No Kids in Class. Please call to the office to know the schedule.
Coordinator email: email@example.com
CLASS LOCATION MODULAR B.
If you need a certificate of the class because you are going to baptize in another church please call after the class at baptism office. No pre-registration is required to attend the class. Please be sure to sign in when you enter the class. Note: get to class on time and NOT children in the class
From the Catechism (found on Vatican.va)
- The Sacraments of Initiation (1212)
- The Sacrament of Baptism (1213-1284)
- The Sacraments at the Service of Communion (1533-1535)
From the Code of Canon Law (found on Vatican.va)
- Baptism (849)
- The Celebration of Baptism (850-860)
- The Minister of Baptism (861-863)
- Those to be Baptized (864-871)
- Sponsors (872-874)
- The Proof and Registration of the Conferral of Baptism (875-878)
How You Can Help
We are always looking for volunteers to help our parish bring new members into the Catholic faith. Please contact our parish office for more information.