The Sacrament of Holy Orders is the continuation of Christ’s priesthood, which He bestowed upon His Apostles. In the Sacrament of Holy Orders, a man is incorporated into the priesthood of Christ, at one of three levels: the episcopate, the priesthood, or the diaconate.
For anyone interested in preparing for the Sacrament of Holy Orders, we recommend you schedule an appointment to meet with one of our priests at St. Isaac’s. Please contact our office to schedule an appointment.
From the Catechism (found on Vatican.va)
From the Code of Canon Law (found on Vatican.va)
- The Sacrament of Holy Orders (1008-1009)
- The Celebration and Minister of Ordination (1010-1023)
- Those to be Ordained (1024-1025)
- Requirements in Those to be Ordained (1026-1032)
- The Prerequisites for Ordination (1033-1039)
- Irregularities and Other Impediments (1040-1049)
- The Required Documents and Investigation (1050-1052)
- The Notation and Testimonial of Ordination Conferred (1053-1054)
Consecrated Life / Religious Vocations
For more information on the consecrated life and vocations, the Diocese of Orlando has resources to help you learn more about the various orders and religious vocations. Please click on the links below that you may be interested in.