Annual Safe Environment Session / Sesión Anual de Ambiente Seguro
Circle of Grace / Círculo de Gracia
Para leer esta página en Español, ajuste el lenguaje arriba al lado del logo de St. Isaac, bajo ‘Select Language’.
The Diocese of Orlando has implemented a child abuse prevention and awareness program in all parishes and Catholic schools, as mandated by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) in compliance with the Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People.
Fulfillment of the annual Safe Environment training requirement consists of a one-hour lesson called Circle of Grace. The goal is to educate and empower children and young people to be in a safe environment for themselves and others.
Click here to access the Circle of Grace grade-specific lesson plans. These are available in English and Spanish.
All PREP families shall review the grade-specific Circle of Grace lessons, select the age-appropriate lesson for your child and facilitate the lesson at home.
Our diocese is required, through an audit process, to verify to the USCCB that this training has been offered. In order to comply with the audit process, we ask families, whether they decide to facilitate the lesson or not, to complete the Opt In/Out form and return it to the Faith Formation Program Office no later than February 1, 2022.
Click here to download the Circle of Grace Opt In/Out form
Once completed, please email a scanned or photographed copy to the Faith Formation office at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also mail the hard copy to the parish office at:St Isaac Jogues Catholic ChurchAttn: Faith Formation Office4301 S. Chickasaw TrailOrlando FL 32829
You can also drop off the form at the parish office, or drop it in a sealed envelope in the collection basket at mass.
PREP Session Schedule
In-Person Catechist/Student (for students who are registered for in-person PREP)
- Sundays from 4:00pm to 5:15pm
- Wednesdays from 5:30pm to 6:45pm
Bilingual In-Person Parent/Guardian Faith Formation
- Parents/guardians, please join your child for the communal prayer service, and stay for the adult faith formation session while your child participates in the Catechist/Student session.
Virtual Catechist/Student (for students who are registered for Virtual PREP)
- Virtual sessions are conducted via Zoom. Please join the meeting on time and follow your catechist’s sign-in instructions.
Bilingual, Virtual Parent/Guardian Faith Formation
- Parents and guardians are also invited to join us every Monday at 7:00pm via Zoom for adult faith formation. Contact your child’s catechist for instructions to join our adult faith formation sessions.
PREP Policies and Code of Conduct
Ground rules for Virtual Sessions
- Schedule a space and timeframe away from distractions.
- Do not multi-task during the session.
- Do not ‘ghost-attend’ – where the student joins the session, but turns their camera and microphone off, and does not participate in the class. Students who do this will be marked ‘Absent’ from the session.
- We strongly discourage signing in to a St. Isaac Jogues virtual Faith Formation session while driving/riding in a car. It is unsafe, and an ineffective way for the student to receive the St. Isaac Jogues Faith Formation program.
- If technology is a challenge and you need assistance, please reach out to your catechist.