Faith Formation Updates:
- All of the K-8 Grade PREP Classes, as well as R.C.I.A. Class, and Special Education Classes are now available virtually. Please see the weekly schedule to participate. (Each of the Grades will also have Classes that were recorded and can be viewed at any day or time on the parish YouTube Site.)
- The Remaining Confirmation Session, Rehearsal, and Confirmation Mass have been postponed until further notice.
- The First Communion Rehearsals and First Communion Masses have been postponed until further notice.
- The Faith Formation Online Registration for 2020 – 2021 has been postponed until further notice.
- This Summer’s Vacation Bible School is canceled.
Dear St. Isaac Jogues Faith Family,
God Is Good, All The Time! (Even during times of a health pandemic and economic meltdown!) Although, we will not have any gathered classes for at least the next month, we are in the process of creating a video conferencing format for classes that we hope to begin the week of March 29th. In the meantime, I invite you to join me and many others throughout our diocese with 3 practices during these challenging times that Daniel Boyd, our Diocesan Director has suggested.
FIRST, let’s pray together. I encourage you and your family to join me and many others to pray everyday at 12:00 noon and at 6:00 p.m. for each other, for our parishes, our community, our country, and all in our world! (I have already set my phone to give me reminders at these times. 😊)
I have attached the following links to help with prayer:
Guide to Lectio Divina with Children (English)
Guía de Lectio Divina para Niños (Español)
SECOND, let’s connect with one another. Think of someone who would be grateful to hear an uplifting word, then give them a call. Start with family and then move on to those with whom we haven’t recently spoken. This will give us a chance to catch up, meaningfully connect, and find out what they need. Offer to close the call with a prayer, lifting their specific needs to the Lord and praying for peace and healing, and then invite them to join us all in praying at noon and 6:00pm.
THIRD, let’s reach out to those who are isolated or lonely. A uniquely beautiful activity to do with children, consider writing a letter to those in a care facility or unable to receive visitors. You can say that you are praying for them, include a scripture verse and warm wishes, and invite them to write back if they are able. You can also invite them to join us all in prayer at noon and 6:00pm.
Lastly, remember to check back to this website regularly to find out more about the changes and updates to our Parish’s Faith Formation Ministry.
I leave you as my friend and coworker in ministry, Mary Pineda, always reminds us that “Faith defeats Fear”!!
As always, do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions!
Yours in Christ,
Director of Faith Formation