Isaac Jogues Parish has a Job Ministry open to all people in the community who are unemployed or underemployed and are seeking full or part time work.
Tuesday from 10:00am – Noon
Located in the Parish Office’s Library
Head of Ministry
To assist unemployed or underemployed individuals with resumes, job search techniques, job leads and polish interview skills.
With the increase of requests for counseling sessions for those who lost their jobs have been unemployed for a long period of time, our pastor, Father José Muñoz, felt that there was a need for action in our community. He then gathered a team together with special skills to assist those in this need.
HOW TO JOIN
Team Member – Must have an understanding of and experience working with people as stated in the Job Ministry mission.
Job Seeker – All people in the community who are unemployed or underemployed and are seeking full or part time work.
WHAT WE DO
Below is a list of services that we provide.
- We can upgrade your resume or help you write a new one.
- Advise on the best way to look for work either online, in person and other effective job search techniques.
- We will address effective skills to use in interviewing and will conduct mock interviews with you, if needed, before you go on an actual interview.
Because unemployment may give rise to other issues, we can refer you to:
- Financial and/or food assistance
- Health care
- Public assistance
- Skill updating classes
- Language classes (ESOL)
- Help address other issues
We hope that our efforts will help you through this time of transition, and we look forward to working with you soon.
Assistance is available in both English and Spanish!