PREPARATION FOR THE SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION
- The Catholic Church asks that children be prepared for the Sacrament of Reconciliation before they receive First Communion.
- Students preparing for Reconciliation and First Communion should have attended a full year of Religious Education the previous year in a parish or catholic school.
- Parents must attend sessions with their children. Parents will receive additional materials [prayers before meals and bedtime, etc.] to assist their children/youth at home.
- These sessions are in addition to the regular P.R.E.P. classes on Sunday, Tuesday or Wednesday. After the Liturgy of the Word, the Children/Youth will participate according to age and grade in their own session.
- There will also be two adult sessions (English and Spanish). All materials are in English and Spanish. The children's classes are in English only. Registration for Reconciliation and First Communion is separate from P.R.E.P. and the cost is $20.00 per student. Please bring a copy of your child’s baptismal certificate in order to register.
- The schedule for the Catechesis of Reconciliation will begin on Thursday, September 20th from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. with an Orientation for parents and children.
- Followed by the Preparation for First Holy Communion that begins on Thursday, January 10, 2013.
FIRST RECONCILIATION CATECHESIS
- Thursday, September 20, 2012 from 6:30-8:00 p.m.
1st Session: CONTRITION: “God’s Reconciling Love. I am sorry.”
- Thursday, October 4, 2012 from 6:30-8:00 p.m.
2nd Session: CONFESSION: "I Confess to Almighty God"
- Thursday, October 25, 2012 from 6:30-8:00 p.m.
3rd Session: PENANCE: "Penance and Forgiveness"
- Thursday, November 8, 2012 from 6:30-8:00 p.m.
4th Session: ABSOLUTION: "Absolution and Reconciliation"
- Thursday, November 29, 2012 from 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Celebration of the Sacrament of Reconciliation for the whole family and presentation of certificates. Thursday, December
13, 2012 at 6:30 p.m. (Note: First Reconc. Rehearsal is on Thurs., Nov. 29th - 8:00-8:30 p.m.)
Faith Formation Menu
Faith Formation Contact Info
|Director of Faith Formation:
Phone: 407-249-0906 x24 Email: email@example.com
Faith Formation Questions
Send us your Questions
Faith Formation Program
St Isaac Calendar
|Sat May 11 @19:00 - 12:30AM|
2013 Mother's Day Dance